DOVER, Del. – The Wesley College football team held its annual year-end awards banquet Sunday at the Modern Maturity Center in Dover.
National awards, regional awards, team awards and special recognitions were given out at the banquet. Current Green Bay Packer and Wesley alumnus Joe Callahan was on hand to present the Most Valuable Player of 2016 to running back Jamar Baynard.
15 players received 10 team awards. Award winners included:
- Rookie of the Year – E.J. Lee / Cooper Bentz
- Special Teams Player of the Year – Eric Speidel
- Most Improved Offensive Player – Nick Falkenberg
- Most Improved Defensive Player – Beau James
- Senior Scholar Athlete – Xavier Allen / Austin Eagle
- Naselli Award (Best Skill Player) – Alex Kemp / Cappadonna Miller
- Ken Pippin Lineman of the Year – Matt Gono / Roderick Caine
- Defensive Player of the Year – Ben Robinson / Andre Connally
- Offensive Player of the Year – Bryce Shade
- Most Valuable Player – Jamar Baynard
The Wolverines finished the 2016 season 9-3 overall and 8-1 in the New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) to receive a share of the NJAC Championship and earn their 12th consecutive NCAA tournament berth.