DOVER, Del. – The Wesley College football team held its annual year-end awards banquet Sunday at the Modern Maturity Center in Dover.
National awards, regional awards, team awards and special recognitions were given out at the banquet. Wesley alumnus and 2016 Most Valuable Player Jamar Baynard was on hand to present the Most Valuable Player of 2017 to offensive tackle Matt Gono
13 players received 10 team awards. Award winners included:
- Rookie of the Year – Stefon Woodruff
- Special Teams Player of the Year – Nick Bruhn
- Most Improved Offensive Player – Khaaliq Burroughs
- Most Improved Defensive Player – Coray Williams
- Senior Scholar Athlete – Blake Roberts / Greg Taylor
- Naselli Award (Best Skill Player) – Alex Kemp / Cappadonna Miller
- Ken Pippin Lineman of the Year – Stephen Yorkman / Isaiah Ingram
- Defensive Player of the Year – Samer Manna
- Offensive Player of the Year – E.J. Lee
- Most Valuable Player – Matt Gono
The Wolverines finished the 2017 season 10-2 overall and 9-0 in the New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) to earn the NJAC Regular Season Championship for the third consecutive year and their 13th straight berth in the NCAA Championship Tournament.