FAN ATTENDANCE POLICY
The Wesley College Athletics Department is excited to provide the opportunity for all our athletes a chance to practice, and compete during the spring of 2021. Beginning in March all athletic teams (with the exception of cross country and indoor track) will have scheduled meets and games to allow the student-athletes and coaches an opportunity to compete one last time as Wesley College.
As such, and in alignment with our Atlantic East Conference and colleagues, fans will not be permitted to attend home/ away athletic contests. However, Wesley athletics will honor two exceptions to the fan policy.
The first exception will be for Senior Day for each team. The senior day games will be established by their teams/ coaches. Two family members per senior student-athlete will be permitted to attend the senior day game.
Our wonderful colleagues have allowed for a second exception for Wolverine Day. This exception permits Wesley to allow each team member two fans to watch the final home game of their respective spring 2021 seasons. As the 148-year history of Wesley College comes to a close in June, the final home game will represent the last time the teams will play together.
All fans that are permitted to attend an athletic event will be considered guests on our campus and will be required to follow all protocols in order to attend:
- On game day - both representatives will be asked to complete the Covid -19 Visitor’s Pass located on our Protect Wesley Page: https://protect.wesley.edu/. Screen shot or print out the completed pass.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms or not cleared through this process is requested to stay away from campus.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the game/ match and have your pass and ID available to show the worker at the door/gate
- Must wear facemask and socially distance yourselves from others
- Do not come into contact with any players, workers or officials throughout the game.
- You will not be permitted to have food or drinks inside the facilities to avoid the need to remove your mask.
- Player bathrooms and fan bathrooms will be designated. Please make sure to use the correct facilities to avoid Tier 1 personnel from contacting non-Tier 1 personnel.
- All fans are required to sit in the spaces marked on the bleachers. No one is permitted to sit on the first 2 rows in order to remain socially distant with people walking through. Please do not sit within 6 feet of people outside of your household.
- Game day personnel – players, coaches, medical staff, and others working the game – are the ONLY people Permitted on the field – before, during and after the game. NO FANS SHOULD COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE PLAYERS OR STAFF.
- Anyone that shows up and stands outside of the gate will be expected to maintain social distancing and wear their mask. People gathering may be asked to leave.
We understand that these are not ideal conditions, but we all have been forced to adapt to the challenges brought upon us by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Should conditions for our entire conference improve, we will re-evaluate. Our thanks to everyone for working together, and we all look forward to the time when we can have our alumni, family and friends back on campus to celebrate the legacy of Wesley Athletics.
Fans are always invited to watch the games via our live stream platform at https://atlanticeastnetwork.com/wesley/. All games will be live-streamed through this platform.
VISITING TEAM FANS
At this time, no visiting fans are permitted. Both the Atlantic East and the NJAC are limiting any approved fans to home teams only.
Wesley College will not be permitting tailgating on any college property.
Parking for all games will be on the city streets of Dover. Please be aware of balls flying over the fences when choosing your spot.
ANIMALS AT ATHLETIC FACILITIES
Pets of any kind are strictly prohibited at all Wesley College athletic facilities. Those with pets will be asked to take the animal outside. However, service animals are welcome. Visitors can be asked whether the animal is needed because of a disability and what work or task(s) has the animal been trained to perform. For the safety and security of the animal and the spectators, those with service animals may be asked to sit in an assigned area.
ALCOHOL & TOBACCO
Both alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited at all Wesley College athletic facilities. The possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products will result in immediate dismissal from the venue.
Wesley College and the NCAA promote good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, racial, or sexist comments, or other intimidating actions directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches or team representatives will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the site of competition. Also, the consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages at the site of competition is prohibited.